It is when you are willing to listen to yourself and be fearless
that figuring out your next step becomes easy.
The start of your Yoga Teacher journey
PART-TIME WEEKDAY 200 hour training for family, work and life balance
The One Family Yoga & Fitness Yoga Teacher Training program provides a core foundation of practice and philosophy, giving students the tools to make lasting changes in their lives.
We integrate the ancient teachings of Hatha Yoga, Tantra and Ayurveda, melding this traditional information with Western science and a modern understanding of the human body and energy system.
A Teacher Training perfect for busy Mums, shift workers and wellness practitioners
Being a mum is a full time job. At One Family we understand having children makes it difficult to free up weekends or evenings – So… we created this course to offer an amazing opportunity just for you Mums!
Introducing Level One Yoga Teacher Training
200-350 hours from February to June (Thursdays), excludes school holidays and public holidays, for busy Mums and shift workers.
This Yoga Teacher Training in Brisbane is once a week, 9:30-2:30pm so you can drop the kids to school and still make it to school in plenty of time for pick up.
Catered to you and for you, this is the perfect opportunity for any mums (or shift workers) who want to extend their yoga knowledge and self practice. Integrate more yoga at home with the family or maybe you want to become a yoga teacher … either way this course will meet your needs.
What you will learn
- The History of yoga
- Philosophy of yoga
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Anatomy & physiology for yoga teachers
- Prana, Nadis, Chakras
- Pranayama, Meditation, Mantra
- Teaching methodology – teaching to the individual within a group and group dynamics
- Ethical Teaching Practices
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Alignment & Safe Adjustments
- The Business of yoga
Upcoming course dates
February 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
March 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
April 4th, 25th
May 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
June 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
Teaching faculty and course outline
Lead Senior Yoga Teacher Trainer Lainie Jenkins (Studio Co-Owner, YTT Course Creator and Director)
- Yoga asana, hands-on assisting and use of props
- Small group teaching
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- 8 Limbs of Yoga
- Yoga teaching tools, methodology & language
- Ethics of the professional yoga teacher
- How to be successful as a teacher and business person in the yoga industry including; addition to the Brisbane Yoga Teachers social media site for picking up classes and covers, introductions through Lainie’s contacts in Yoga, Pilates & Group Fitness to local business owners and so much more…
- Yoga History
- Yoga Philosophy
- Yoga Sutras
- Yoga Nidra
- Anatomy Foundations & Physiology for Yoga Teachers
Yoga and the path of the urban mystic by Darren John Main
Ayurveda, The science of self healing by Vasant Lad
Teaching Yoga by Donna Farhi
The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long MD FRCSC
How to enrol & course fees
Enrolling in this course is easy. Simply follow the steps below and you’re ready to be Inspired, Motivated and Transformed!
OFYF policies are provided when enrolling.
Earlybird Package: Save $500 when paid in full before 6th December 2018 $3780
Early Month Package: Save $300 when you pay in full 1 month before commencement of training $3980
Payment Plan: You can pay your teacher training in instalments too. Payment Plan consists of $275 deposit and $333.75 per month for 12 months. Total $4280
Upgrades to 350 hour Yoga Teacher Training are available. Visit our 350 hour YTT page for more details.