Yoga Teacher Mastery
Create a deeper experience for yourself and your students
Do you wish you could adjust sequences to modify postures for different bodies and differing levels of yoga experience?
Are you wanting to be comfortable teaching off the mat?
Do you look at your students and want to help them with their practice but are not 100% confident in verbal and physical cues?
Are you and your students feeling the business of life?
Do you need to learn the art of deepening the experience of relaxation in the body, mind and being?
IF the answer to the above is yes, if you have completed the OFYF Core Foundational 200 hours Teacher Training (or a similar course with another Yoga Australia or Yoga Alliance Registered School), our Advanced Yoga Teacher Training in Brisbane offers an additional 150 hours of study, giving you a total of 350 hours or taking you to L2 500hrs. This course will enable you to dive deeper into your personal practice, giving you both the experience and tools to teach with authenticity from a place of knowledge and compassion. You will learn an increased level of awareness around alignment, building intelligent sequences with purpose and creating a theme that you can work into more complete practice in your classes.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
What you will learn
YOU CHOOSE YOUR PATH 150hr+
Restorative Yoga 50hrs
- The art of relaxation
- The Art of practicing Restorative Yoga
- How to protect your body and energy when assisting students
- The practice of Mindfulness
- Pranayama (Ujaii in a restorative class and Supine Nadi Shodana)
- Meditation (Tantric techniques)
- Over 20 Restorative Asanas
- Sequencing a Restorative Yoga Class
- Restorative yoga for Pregnancy
The History of Yoga Nidra 15hrs
- The Nine Stages of the practice of Yoga Nidra
- The benefits of Yoga Nidra
- How to practice Yoga Nidra
- How to teach Yoga Nidra
The Art of Adjusting and Applied Anatomy Advanced Yoga Teacher Training 50hrs
- How to Adjust and Modify using Props
- Ethics in Teaching and Touching for Yoga Teachers
- Examination of technique and alignment from an experienced eye
- Review over 60 Advanced variations and modifications of Asana
- Applied Anatomy – the use of props to support the anatomy of the individual
Pre & Post- natal Yoga 50hrs
- Benefits of Yoga for Pregnancy and Birth
- Guidelines for a safe practice for all 3 trimesters
- Asana Variations for the different Trimesters
- Pranayama for Pregnancy
- Pelvic Floor Toning and Squatting
- Sequencing a Prenatal Yoga Class and more…..
- Asana – nurturing the Postnatal Body
- Considerations when working with infants
- Pranayama – Breathing in the Connection to Life
- Growing into Being – Anatomy and Physiology
- The Ayurvedic approach to the Postpartum period and more…..
Yin Yoga 50hrs
- Teach Yin Yoga asana safely, and effectively
- Physical and energetic alignment and benefits of Yin Yoga
- Modifications of Yin postures using props
- How to give clear and simple instructions for maximum benefit
- Teaching methodology – key points for teaching beginners
- Principles for sequencing Yin Yoga asana for effective classes
- Learn to guide students in and out of Yoga Nidra and Shavasana
- Effective, appropriate adjustments
- Study of fascia and meridians
- Chakras, nadis and the relationship with the spine
- Learn to teach ujjayi pranayama the yin way
Basics of Trauma Sensitive Yoga 10hrs
- Introduction to different types of trauma, and why Trauma
- Introduction to trauma diagnostics and statistics and critical engagement with these from a social justice perspective.
- The four key principles of the TSY method, as developed by David Emerson at The Trauma Centre in the USA.
- Group discussion on methods of applying the four principles of TSY in class environments.
- Opportunity to practice teaching in small groups (facilitating 1-3 postures per person), using the four principles.
On this training you will receive one-on-one guidance from Lainie and other experienced teachers as places are limited to 12.
Committing to this course will allow you to deepen and refine your teaching skills, giving you the ability to teach inspirational and progressive classes to a broad range of students and levels.
Graduates will be able to register with Yoga Alliance Australia and Yoga Australia at the RYT-350 Level on completion of all 3 modules. Individual Modules can be used with Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia for CPD points.
Upcoming course dates
2019 WEEKEND COURSE DATES
- The Art of Adjusting and Applied AnatomyFebruary 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th
- *Yin Yoga – March 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 29th, 30th, 31st
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga– TBC
- Restorative Yoga– September 21st, 22nd, 28th
- Yoga Nidra– September 29th
- *Pre & Post Natal– October 12th, 13th, 26th, 27th or
*Choose between Pre & Post natal or Yin Yoga
All training days are Saturday 8:00am–5:30pm, Sunday 8am-4:30pm (Times and dates may be subject to change)
2019 WEEKDAY COURSE DATES
- Restorative YogaJuly 18th, 25th, August 1st, 8th, 15th, 29th
- *Prenatal YogaSeptember 5th, 12th, 19th
- *Postnatal YogaOctober 10th, 17th, 24th
- Yoga NidraOctober 31st, November 7th
- Trauma SensitiveYogaTBC
- *Yin YogaNovember 21st, 28th, December 5th, 12th, 19th
*Choose between Pre & Post natal or Yin Yoga
All training dates are Thursday 9:30am – 2:30pm (excludes school holidays and public holidays).
Teaching faculty and course outline
Lead Senior Yoga Teacher Trainer Lainie Jenkins (Studio Co-Owner, YTT Course Creator and Director)
- Yoga asana, hands-on assisting and use of props
- Small group teaching
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- 8 Limbs of Yoga
- Yoga teaching tools, methodology & language
- Ethics of the professional yoga teacher
- How to be successful as a teacher and business person in the Yoga industry including; addition to the Brisbane Yoga Teachers site for picking up classes and covers, introductions through Lainie’s contacts in Yoga, Pilates & Group Fitness to local business owners and so much more…
- Yoga History
- Yoga Philosophy
- Yoga Sutras
- Yoga Nidra
- Anatomy Foundations & Physiology for Yoga Teachers
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga
The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar
Yoga and the path of the urban mystic by Darren John Main
Ayurveda, The science of self healing by Vasant Lad
Teaching Yoga by Donna Farhi
The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long MD FRCSC
How to enrol and Course fees
Enrolling in this course is easy. Simply follow these steps below and you’ll be ready to be Inspired, Motivated and Transformed!
Read our policies. OFYF policies are also provided when enrolling.
150hr PACKAGE COST
Save $200, Earlybird price $2655 Payment due 1 month before commencement of training Package Full price $2855. (Saving up to $900 paying in full)
Payment Plan Available:
Payment Plan $310 non-refundable deposit and 6 monthly payments of$465.00 (Total $3100), final payment must be made before a certificate of completion is issue. Payments can be made either by direct debit or by credit card.
14 Days of Comprehensive Hands on Training with a team of Brisbane’s most experienced Yoga teachers.
150hr Corresponding Comprehensive Training Manuals
A 1 month Unlimited Yoga Pass at One Family Yoga & Fitness to complete 10hrs of required class hours (valued at $190)
*Prerequisites, Students eligible to enrol must have completed the OFYF Core Foundational 200/350hr Training or similar course with another Yoga Australia or Yoga Alliance Registered School to receive a certificate.
*Yoga enthusiasts may participate in the Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra Workshops.
Graduates will be able to register with Yoga Alliance Australia and Yoga Australia at the RYT-350 Level on completion of all modules. Individual Modules can be used with Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia for CPD points.
“Tonight after class one of my students came up to me to let me know she has noticed a shift in my teaching in the last few weeks. She said there is something about my cuing that is just so spot on, and that she has always loved my classes but recently they have an extra layer to them but she didn’t know what.
I personally have felt a huge shift in my practice and teaching since beginning my level 2 training with Lainie at One Family Yoga & Fitness. So it was amazing to hear this awesome feedback from my student!
The main differences I have observed have been my understanding of anatomy and building the postures from the ground up. I have a new confidence when people tell me about injuries and am able to visualise exactly what it means and have no concerns to ask more questions to find out what is going on. I feel so much more confident offering variations particularly encouraging the use of props.
I could not recommend OFYF or Lainie any higher. I am beyond happy with the standard of training and resources provided and can not wait for the next 150 hours of level 2 training! “
L2 Teacher Graduate, Katie Penley
Tailored learning to enhance your Yoga Teaching
At OFYF we understand and strongly believe in an approach that recognises, “not one size fits all”. You will learn how to tailor a class to suit the needs of the individual within a multi-level group, through guided verbal instructions and hands on adjustments, including modifications using props.
Understand how to bridge the gap between Yoga Asana (postures) and relaxation with Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra. Restorative Yoga uses yoga props to support the students so they can let go of the physical body to promote relaxation and deeper rest. These more relaxing styles of yoga are increasing in demand as life in the modern world has become less restful and more stressful for humanity. This practice is intended to be healing and nurturing for the body. Restorative Yoga is pivotal in the centring of your breath and body – aligning the physical and mental states by practicing stillness.
Yoga Nidra then takes this restful state even further to what is known as Yogic Sleep. It is a meditation and conscious relaxation practice that is intended to induce total physical, mental and emotional relaxation. It is said that an hour of Yoga Nidra can be as restorative as up to four hours of regular sleep.