Yoga Teacher Mastery
Create a deeper experience for yourself and your students
Do you wish you could adjust sequences to modify postures for different bodies and differing levels of yoga experience?
Are you wanting to be comfortable teaching off the mat?
Do you look at your students and want to help them with their practice but are not 100% confident in verbal and physical cues?
Are you and your students feeling the business of life?
Do you need to learn the art of deepening the experience of relaxation in the body, mind and being?
IF the answer to the above is yes, if you have completed the OFYF Core Foundational 200 hours Teacher Training (or a similar course with another Yoga Australia or Yoga Alliance Registered School), our Advanced Yoga Teacher Training in Brisbane offers an additional 150 hours of study, giving you a total of 350 hours or taking you to L2 500hrs. This course will enable you to dive deeper into your personal practice, giving you both the experience and tools to teach with authenticity from a place of knowledge and compassion. You will learn an increased level of awareness around alignment, building intelligent sequences with purpose and creating a theme that you can work into more complete practice in your classes.
Adjusting and Modifications using Props
Pre and Post Natal
What you will learn
- The art of relaxation
- The Art of practicing Restorative Yoga
- How to protect your body and energy when assisting students
- The practice of Mindfulness
- Pranayama (Ujaii in a restorative class and Supine Nadi Shodana)
- Meditation (Tantric techniques)
- Over 20 Restorative Asanas
- Sequencing a Restorative Yoga Class
- Restorative yoga for Pregnancy
Basics of Trauma Sensitive Yoga
- Introduction to different types of trauma, and why Trauma
- Introduction to trauma diagnostics and statistics and critical engagement with these from a social justice perspective.
- The four key principles of the TSY method, as developed by David Emerson at The Trauma Centre in the USA.
- Group discussion on methods of applying the four principles of TSY in class environments.
- Opportunity to practice teaching in small groups (facilitating 1-3 postures per person), using the four principles.
The History of Yoga Nidra
- The Nine Stages of the practice of Yoga Nidra
- The benefits of Yoga Nidra
- How to practice Yoga Nidra
- How to teach Yoga Nidra
and or Adjusting and Modifications using Props *(This module can be done instead of the Pre & Post-natal Module)
- How to Adjust and Modify using Props
- Ethics in Teaching and Touching for Yoga Teachers
- Examination of technique and alignment from an experienced eye
- Review over 60 Advanced variations and modifications of Asana
- Applied Anatomy – the use of props to support the anatomy of the individual
and or Pre & Post- natal Yoga *(This module can be done instead of the Adjusting and Modifications using Props Module)
- Benefits of Yoga for Pregnancy and Birth
- Guidelines for a safe practice for all 3 trimesters
- Asana Variations for the different Trimesters
- Pranayama for Pregnancy
- Pelvic Floor Toning and Squatting
- Sequencing a Prenatal Yoga Class and more…..
- Asana – nurturing the Postnatal Body
- Considerations when working with infants
- Pranayama – Breathing in the Connection to Life
- Growing into Being – Anatomy and Physiology
- The Ayurvedic approach to the Postpartum period and more…..
On this training you will receive one-on-one guidance from Lainie and other experienced teachers as places are limited to 12.
Committing to this course will allow you to deepen and refine your teaching skills, giving you the ability to teach inspirational and progressive classes to a broad range of students and levels.
Graduates will be able to register with Yoga Alliance Australia and Yoga Australia at the RYT-350 Level on completion of all 3 modules. Individual Modules can be used with Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia for CPD points.
Upcoming course dates
July 19th, 26th
August 2nd, 9th, 16th, 30th
Pre & Post-natal
September 6th, 13th, 20th
October 11th, 18th, 25th,
November 1st, 8th
Intro to Trauma Sensitive Yoga
All training days and times are Thursday 9:30am – 2:30pm (excludes school holidays and public holidays)
2018 WEEKEND INTENSIVE SEPTEMBER (FEBRUARY 2019) COURSE DATES
Trauma Sensitive Yoga
Weekend 1: Saturday 25th (9:30am-5:30pm) August
Weekend 4: Saturday 22nd(9:30am-5:30pm) Sunday 23rd (8am-4:30pm) September
Weekend 5: Saturday 29th(9:30am-5:30pm) September
Weekend 6: Sunday 30th (8am-5pm) September
Advanced Adjusting and Modifications using Props (Applied Anatomy)
Weekend 2: Saturday 9th (9:00am-5:30pm) Sunday 10th (8am-4:30pm) February 2019
Weekend 3: Saturday 16th (9:00am-5:30pm) Sunday 17th (8am-4:30pm) February 2019
Teaching faculty and course outline
Lead Senior Yoga Teacher Trainer Lainie Jenkins (Studio Co-Owner, YTT Course Creator and Director)
- Yoga asana, hands-on assisting and use of props
- Small group teaching
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- 8 Limbs of Yoga
- Yoga teaching tools, methodology & language
- Ethics of the professional yoga teacher
- How to be successful as a teacher and business person in the Yoga industry including; addition to the Brisbane Yoga Teachers site for picking up classes and covers, introductions through Lainie’s contacts in Yoga, Pilates & Group Fitness to local business owners and so much more…
- Yoga History
- Yoga Philosophy
- Yoga Sutras
- Yoga Nidra
- Anatomy Foundations & Physiology for Yoga Teachers
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga
Yoga and the path of the urban mystic by Darren John Main
Ayurveda, The science of self healing by Vasant Lad
Teaching Yoga by Donna Farhi
The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long MD FRCSC
How to enrol & course fees
Enrolling in this course is easy. Simply follow these steps below and you’ll be ready to be Inspired, Motivated and Transformed!
Read our policies. OFYF policies are also provided when enrolling.
Earlybird Package: Save $200 on the L2 – 150hr Post Graduate Advanced Yoga Teacher Training when paid in full 1 month before start date $2055
PAYMENT PLAN on the L2 – 150hr Post Graduate Advanced Yoga Teacher Training with a 6 month payment planPayment Plan: You can pay your L2 – 150hr Post Graduate Advanced Yoga Teacher Training with a 6 month payment plan. Payment Plan consists of $360 deposit and $332.50 per month for 6 months. Total $2355
9 Days of Comprehensive Hands on Training with a team of Brisbane’s most experienced Yoga teachers.
150hr Corresponding Comprehensive Training Manuals
A 1 month Unlimited Yoga Pass at One Family Yoga & Fitness for the duration of the training (valued at $190)
*Prerequisites, Students eligible to enrol must have completed the OFYF Core Foundational 200-hour Training or similar course with another Yoga Australia or Yoga Alliance Registered School to receive a certificate.
*Yoga enthusiasts may participate in the Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra Workshops.
Graduates will be able to register with Yoga Alliance Australia and Yoga Australia at the RYT-350 Level on completion of all modules. Individual Modules can be used with Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia for CPD points.
“Tonight after class one of my students came up to me to let me know she has noticed a shift in my teaching in the last few weeks. She said there is something about my cuing that is just so spot on, and that she has always loved my classes but recently they have an extra layer to them but she didn’t know what.
I personally have felt a huge shift in my practice and teaching since beginning my level 2 training with Lainie at One Family Yoga & Fitness. So it was amazing to hear this awesome feedback from my student!
The main differences I have observed have been my understanding of anatomy and building the postures from the ground up. I have a new confidence when people tell me about injuries and am able to visualise exactly what it means and have no concerns to ask more questions to find out what is going on. I feel so much more confident offering variations particularly encouraging the use of props.
I could not recommend OFYF or Lainie any higher. I am beyond happy with the standard of training and resources provided and can not wait for the next 150 hours of level 2 training! “
L2 Teacher Graduate, Katie Penley
Tailored learning to enhance your Yoga Teaching
Understand how to bridge the gap between Yoga Asana (postures) and relaxation with Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra. Restorative Yoga uses yoga props to support the students so they can let go of the physical body to promote relaxation and deeper rest. These more relaxing styles of yoga are increasing in demand as life in the modern world has become less restful and more stressful for humanity. This practice is intended to be healing and nurturing for the body. Restorative Yoga is pivotal in the centring of your breath and body – aligning the physical and mental states by practicing stillness.
Yoga Nidra then takes this restful state even further to what is known as Yogic Sleep. It is a meditation and conscious relaxation practice that is intended to induce total physical, mental and emotional relaxation. It is said that an hour of Yoga Nidra can be as restorative as up to four hours of regular sleep.