Yoga Nidra then takes this restful state even further to what is known as Yogic Sleep. It is a meditation and conscious relaxation practice that is intended to induce total physical, mental and emotional relaxation. It is said that an hour of Yoga Nidra can be as restorative as up to four hours of regular sleep.
“Yoga Nidra is the yoga of aware sleep. In this lies the secret of self healing. Yoga Nidra is a pratyahara technique in which the distractions of the mind are contained and the mind is relaxed.”
Swami Satyananda Saraswati
What you will learn
- The History of Yoga Nidra
- The Nine Stages of the practice of Yoga Nidra
- The benefits of Yoga Nidra
- How to practice Yoga Nidra
- How to teach Yoga Nidra
- How to master Savasana
Who is it for?
Individual Modules can be used with Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia for CPD points.
Graduates of the full L2 150hr Post Graduate Advanced Yoga Teacher Training will be able to register L2 350/500hr with Yoga Alliance Australia and Yoga Australia at the RYT-350 Level on completion of all 3 modules.
Upcoming course dates
2019 WEEKEND COURSE DATES
All training Sunday 8am-4:30pm (Times and dates may be subject to change)
2019 WEEKDAY COURSE DATES
October 24th, 31st
All training dates are Thursday 9:30am – 2:30pm (excludes school holidays and public holidays).
Teaching faculty and course outline
Lead Senior Yoga Teacher Trainer Lainie Jenkins (Studio Co-Owner, YTT Course Creator and Director)
- Yoga asana, hands-on assisting and use of props
- Small group teaching
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- 8 Limbs of Yoga
- Yoga teaching tools, methodology & language
- Ethics of the professional yoga teacher
- How to be successful as a teacher and business person in the Yoga industry including; addition to the Brisbane Yoga Teachers site for picking up classes and covers, introductions through Lainie’s contacts in Yoga, Pilates & Group Fitness to local business owners and so much more…
- Yoga History
- Yoga Philosophy
- Yoga Sutras
- Yoga Nidra
Yoga Nidra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
(The Yoga King in Brisbane usually keeps this book in stock or ‘The Book Depository’ online has competitive prices and FREE delivery)
How to enrol & course fees
Enrolling in this course is easy.
Read our policies. OFYF policies are also provided when enrolling.
Earlybird Package: Save $45 when you pay in full one month before course starts $250
Full price $295
Where: One Family Yoga & Fitness Studio, 105 Seville Rd, Holland Park
*Payment plans are available